You must have come across different musical instruments starting from a flute to a piano. However, there are some other strange but unique instruments that are a result of the hard work and innovation of the music lovers. Consider reading about such strange instruments across the world.
Modern pregnancy tests have been going more precise with time. These tests also take less time to assess whether a woman is carrying a little life inside her. However, the only option to detect pregnancy before the arrival of new scientific testing devices was to wait and watch. Still, there were methods of having an idea if a woman wanted to have a surprise by detecting her pregnancy a little earlier than when it became obvious. Here, we tell you about a few such historical ways to detect pregnancy.
While color names are among the first few things we learn at school, there are hundreds of shades and hues of each color. Many of us only know about primary and secondary colors. If you also have limited color vocabulary, then here are some colors about which you would love to know. Check them out to add a few stylish names to your vocab and create an impression on your friends.
You will be convinced that these scholarships cut the monotony in the criteria for providing one, these are funny and weird at the same time.
Every single second, there’s something strange and weird taking place in this seemingly big world of ours. Some people and incidences become remarkably special due to the strange and unbelievable yet true realities. For all those who are curious to know about some of the most astounding and hair-raising real life stories, here we are with a collection of some interesting stories. Further, to have a glimpse of such people and the events that made them special.
Car trouble can be a stressful experience for anyone thanks to the potential cost involved in the repair process. No matter the make and model of the vehicle, choosing a garage or repair center can be intimidating as well. Cars are important parts of daily life, and getting back on the road is usually a pretty important priority. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to dial down the stress and costs of car repairs.
There is no denying that India truly is a land of diverse cultures, customs, and colors. A land of spirituality and philosophy, the country has its fair share of spiritual gurus. There are many who have managed to impress not just India but so many countries across the globe with their flawless spiritual standards and teachings.
Face painting is an art, and some people do it as a part of their profession, while the others do it because it is their hobby. Many artists paint faces but only a few tend to achieve all the appreciation and recognition owing to the surreal nature of their paintings. Here are some examples of face paintings that are simply incredible.
Who says men do not wear jewelry? Well, they certainly do in the form of cufflinks. It is a thing that serves two purposes for men, secures their button shirt cuffs, and gives their personality a style statement.
Like most of us, you probably order your business and personal printing products without much thought to the process or materials used. Invitations, business cards, postcards and vinyl banners look great because of a combination of quality materials and innovative printing techniques. This article will reveal some little known facts about professional printing that will make you a more educated consumer and more appreciative of your printer.
So, you just ordered a bundle of customized postcards to send as save the date reminders for your upcoming wedding. You opted for edge painting in your favorite shade of royal blue because it coordinates with the ink (and it’s your favorite color). But, you probably don’t know how much work goes into this process. Here’s a short description of how it’s done:
- First, paper (business cards, postcards or invitations) must be stacked neatly on a padding press. Cards should be as snug as possible with edges exposed for the painting process.
- Next, a brayer is used to apply the ink. The brayer can be rolled on a glass surface to make sure that the ink spreads evenly and covers completely.
- Apply the ink with light pressure along the edge of the paper. When completed, use a piece of cotton cloth to remove any excess ink.
- Last, let the cards dry completely and repeat with remaining edges. The end result is truly worth every penny. Color seams are also a creative way to add a splash of color and excitement to cards of any kind in a less expensive and more efficient way: Here’s an example from my preferred online printer.
For most people setting out to make a statement with their advertising, custom printing is at the top of the list. There are many techniques that can aide in transforming an ordinary business or greeting card into a work of art. Metallic hot foil, like edge painting, sets your particular print project apart. Let’s take a look at how metallic foil works its magic:
- Metallic foil, typically in gold or silver, is a printing technique that uses heat and pressure to create the desired effect. If you are designing business cards for your new venture, metallic foil produces elegant and professional print products. Take a look at these.
- To create the metallic foil finish, your trusted printer will take a metal die, your choice of paper stock and insert a foil material in the center.
- The die then presses the foil onto the paper and the heat triggers the adhesive. Too much or too little heat will affect the finished product. Just the right amount of heat will make for a dazzling outcome.
Respecting the Environment
As consumers become more conscious of how their purchases affect the environment, more and more professional printers are turning to soy based inks. Unlike petroleum based ink, soy ink is made of soybeans and is more environmentally friendly, and provides more accurate colors. Papers printed with soy ink are much easier to recycle because soy inks can be removed more efficiently than regular inks during the de-inking process.
Next time you order print materials for your business or for pleasure, consider custom techniques like edge painting, color seams, and metallic foils to make a powerful first impression. Ask your printer if he uses soy based inks and implements other environmentally friendly practices. We hope this article inspires you to design incredible print materials for your next project or celebration.
What is your favorite print technique? Which one of these will you use for your next print job? We would love your feedback!
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Article Submitted By Community Writer.